It can be hard feeding the family! We are all time-poor and busy, everyone in the family wants something different, or has a long list of things they can’t, or won’t, eat. Meanwhile, mum and dad want something that’s quick and easy to make, but also healthy and nutritious, to help the kids grow into the best little people they can be.
So what’s the plan, I hear you ask?
- Find out what you or your kids are intolerant to, and avoid those foods (at least initially) – check out how can I tell if it’s food intolerance?
- Heal your gut – the health of your gut bacteria, cells and their function all affect how sensitive you are to food chemicals. Seek professional advice – contact a nutritionist like myself, who understands intolerances
- Maintain the best nutrition you can by eating a variety of wholefoods you can tolerate – try my top food swaps if you’re stuck
- Find the balance (and diet) that’s right for you or your kids – everyone is different, especially with intolerances, so listen to your body or observe your kids and trust your instincts
- Finally, if you or your kids are still not well, keep investigating and don’t give up – it could be an underlying problem that needs rectifying before you can move forward to better health.
Nutrition is such an essential part of life, and I’m very passionate about ensuring my family – and yours – eat a balanced and healthy wholefood diet, regardless of intolerances. And healthy treats are a crucial part of that too, because life is too short not to enjoy! Check out kt’s healthy recipes here.