When we suspect food intolerance, or sensitivity, what do we do next?
The kids or you are always getting sick. If it’s not one thing, it’s another. Endless colds. Chronic eczema. Tummy pains. Runny poos, or non existent poos. Grumpy and moody. And that’s just you! 😉
You have no idea where to begin. Just an inkling that something isn’t right.
Meanwhile, you want food that’s quick and easy, but also healthy and nutritious.
So what’s the plan, I hear you ask?
Well, first of all, you’ve come to the right place. KT’s Nutrition Solutions is a business specialising in food intolerance and sensitivity. I’ve been there before, with myself and my kids. And I left my old career to go back to uni, so I can now help others on the same sensitivity journey.
This is my process to help you go from sick and stressed out, to feeling supported and finding solutions.
- Find out what you or your kids are intolerant to, and avoid those foods (at least initially; over time, you should be able to introduce foods back in). For more info, check out how can I tell if it’s food intolerance
- Heal your gut – the health of your gut bacteria, cells and their function all affect how sensitive you are to food chemicals.
- Maintain the best nutrition you can by eating the wholefoods you can tolerate. It’s better to have lots of a small number of veggies that are good for your body, than worry about variety.
- Find the balance (and diet) that’s right for you or your kids – everyone is different, especially with intolerances, so listen to your body, observe your kids and trust your instincts
- Work on your emotions too. They play a big part in our overall health and sensitivity. This includes fixing unhealthy thought patterns and habits around food.
- Make time to put yourself first. We all need to look after our emotional, mental and physical health, before we are able to look after others.
- Finally, if you or your kids are still not well, keep investigating and don’t give up – it could be an underlying problem that needs rectifying before you can move forward to better health.
Nutrition is such an essential part of life, and I’m very passionate about ensuring my family – and yours – eat a balanced and healthy wholefood diet, regardless of intolerances. And healthy treats are a crucial part of that too, because life is too short not to enjoy! Check out kt’s healthy recipes here.
For more information on how I can help you and your family, please contact me for chat or to book a holistic nutrition consult. My greatest joy is seeing my family – and yours – transform into our happiest, healthiest selves.